Ride of Love
NEW DATE – Saturday, August 29, 2020
NEW ROUTE – Start & Finish at SAM Place in Birmingham
The 2020 Ride of Love is moving to Saturday, August 29th, in conjunction with a Smile-A-Mile reunion event!
While we are saddened by the current health crisis and the affects it is having on our programming and communities, we are excited to have this new date to look forward to! The route and other details are currently being determined and we will communicate those as soon as possible. For now, here are the details we do know.
New Date – Saturday, August 29, 2020
Route – Start and End at Smile-A-Mile Place
End of Ride Celebration – You will be welcomed back by a huge group of SAM families, volunteers, board members and more!
Please be on the lookout for future emails and social media communication regarding updates.
For those who would still like to ride on April 25th there will be a training ride from Smile-A-Mile Place, however, this ride will not have any support. Please look for those details on Facebook.
THANK YOU for supporting Smile-A-Mile. We hope to see you on August 29th!
The Ride of Love is a very special cycling event that raises funds for Smile-A-Mile. Over the years, the Ride of Love has grown to be much more than a fundraising event. It’s a tradition and part of our programming. Cyclists stay together as a group throughout the entire ride, pedaling more than 150 miles to ride into On-Therapy Family Camp at Lake Martin to be greeted by cheering children and families. This is a life-changing ride that you’ll never forget!
- Please stay tuned for new route details
- The cyclists start together, ride together and finish together. The leader keeps the pace and no one is left behind.
- Don’t let the distance scare you! The group rides together for the entire ride so we encourage endurance training riding in groups for long periods of time. Organized training rides are available leading up to the ride.
- The ride is fully supported with sheriff escorts, mechanic, ambulance, sag and food/hydration stops.
- We provide an online fundraising platform and ask that each cyclist raise a minimum of $250 to support our year-round programs.
- Each first year cyclist receives a jersey as part of the $50 registration fee.
- Update – We will still have the $119/night group rate at the Hilton Garden Inn & Home2 Suites by Hilton – Birmingham Downtown, one block from SAM Place! You will be able to leave your vehicle in the hotel lot for the duration of the ride. You can book your room online or by calling the hotel (205.322.7937) with the group name “Ride of Love”. You must book by August 14th.
For more information, please contact us.