Ride of Love
Saturday, April 25, 2020
SAM Place in Birmingham to Camp at Lake Martin
The Ride of Love is a very special cycling event that raises funds for Smile-A-Mile. Over the years, the Ride of Love has grown to be much more than a fundraising event. It’s a tradition and part of our programming. Cyclists stay together as a group throughout the entire ride, pedaling more than 150 miles to ride into On-Therapy Family Camp at Lake Martin to be greeted by cheering children and families. This is a life-changing ride that you’ll never forget!
- 75 Miles: Smile-A-Mile Place to Grist Mill* or Grist Mill to Camp
- 150 Miles: Smile-A-Mile Place to Camp
- The cyclists start together, ride together and finish together. The leader keeps the pace and no one is left behind.
- Don’t let the distance scare you! The group rides together for the entire ride so we encourage endurance training riding in groups for long periods of time. Organized training rides are available leading up to the ride.
- The ride is fully supported with sheriff escorts, mechanic, ambulance, sag and food/hydration stops.
- Cline Tours provides a charter bus to take cyclists and their bikes from camp to both start locations.
*SAM Place to Grist Mill cyclists will be responsible for their own transportation back to SAM Place.
- We provide an online fundraising platform and ask that each cyclist raise a minimum of $250 to support our year-round programs.
- Once at camp, we have a brief ceremony followed by dinner. Cyclists will have access to showers and are welcome to invite their families to see them finish the ride and join us for dinner.
- Each first year cyclist receives a jersey as part of the $50 registration fee.
- Our friends at Hilton Garden Inn & Home2 Suites by Hilton – Birmingham Downtown, one block from SAM Place, give us a great group rate of $119! You will be able to leave your vehicle in the hotel lot for the duration of the ride. You can book your room online or by calling the hotel (205.322.7937) with the group name “Ride of Love”.
For more information, please contact us.