Ride of Love
Ride of Love 2020 Update
Given the current health mandates issued by the Governor of Alabama and various health agencies, the Smile-A-Mile team and the ride leads for Ride of Love 2020 have decided to cancel the 2020 Ride of Love previously scheduled for August 29th. This decision was made with the health and safety of the riders and support team as our primary concern. The Ride of Love is a unique group ride where required social distancing cannot be achieved in a safe manner for riders over the duration of 132 miles and 9 hours together.
We look forward to being able to hold the Ride of Love in 2021, with the start from Smile-A-Mile in Birmingham and finishing at the camp session on Lake Martin.
Registration fees and current funds raised will be automatically applied to the 2021 event. Email reminders and updates about the 2021 event will be sent to you later this year.
We thank you for your friendship and commitment to the children and families we serve. We hope to see you at the 2021 Ride of Love!
The Ride of Love is a very special cycling event that raises funds for Smile-A-Mile. Over the years, the Ride of Love has grown to be much more than a fundraising event. It’s a tradition and part of our programming. Cyclists stay together as a group throughout the entire ride, pedaling more than 150 miles to ride into On-Therapy Family Camp at Lake Martin to be greeted by cheering children and families. This is a life-changing ride that you’ll never forget!
- Please stay tuned for new route details
- The cyclists start together, ride together and finish together. The leader keeps the pace and no one is left behind.
- Don’t let the distance scare you! The group rides together for the entire ride so we encourage endurance training riding in groups for long periods of time. Organized training rides are available leading up to the ride.
- The ride is fully supported with sheriff escorts, mechanic, ambulance, sag and food/hydration stops.
- We provide an online fundraising platform and ask that each cyclist raise a minimum of $250 to support our year-round programs.
- Each first-year cyclist receives a jersey as part of the $50 registration fee.
For more information, please contact us.