Hope is Never Cancelled
Throughout 2020 and in the face of a pandemic, Smile-A-Mile adopted the motto “Hope is Never Cancelled.” This was our reminder to each other, our commitment to our healthcare providers and our absolute promise to the families who are on the childhood cancer journey in Alabama. Our mission is to provide hope, healing of the spirit, and love to our families, and we are so incredibly proud of the way we walked out our mission in 2020. We completely pivoted and provided meaningful programs for our families while never backing down from the challenges set before us. As we move into what is typically our busiest season for programming, even though it will look different, 2021 will be fun and impactful for the families we serve. Stay tuned for SAM emails, updates to our social media and our website for more information and programming opportunities.
If you would like to support our efforts during this time, please contact us. You can also make an online donation or mail a check to our office – 1600 2nd Ave S Birmingham, AL 35233. We appreciate your support!
Hospital Outreach Program
- Delivered 2,950 hospital packs to patients at Children’s of Alabama
- Served 2,280 Children’s of Alabama staff through meals and care kits
- Provided Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) programming twice a month for the entire hospital
- 148 guests joined us for a drive-thru SAM Spooktacular in October
- 50 of our moms received some love at our virtual Thankful for Moms event in November
- 70 participants in the Alabama Wiregrass were visited by our Ho Ho Holiday Bus Tour in December
- 228 guests joined us for our socially distanced Annual Holiday Party in December
SAM at Home
- Over 100 campers joined us at Off-Therapy Virtual Camp
- 43 families tuned in for some socially distanced fun at our Youth Virtual Camp
- 82 teens logged on and got crafty for our Teen Virtual Camp
- Hosted weekly virtual camp activities for On-Therapy Family Camp